Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Film Lesson: "Schindler's List"


This film illustrated the Holocaust through various events. It showed the many aspects of terrorizing the Jews and the pure hatred being sprouted towards them.

A powerful scene in the movie for me was when they came to gather the Jews and killed those who ran were slaughtered in the streets while their own people ran over them to find their own fates.

An image from the movie that I think will stay with me is when the Nazis came to clean out the ghetto and the children ran into various hiding places. They hid in the walls, floors, closets, cabinet, sinks and many other weird places. One scene that I think that I will never forget was when a boy was running around everywhere and everywhere he went the spot was taken until he finally decided without a moments hesitation to jump into the toilet which was full of nastiness and when he got down there there were other children there.

No comments: